Redesigned for 2024.
2024 ARGO Helicopters with options
ready to delivery and assemble. New 51% Helicopter KIT plus new designed optional equipment:
- automatic governor working with RPM corelator
- full cowlings with big luggage compartment
- aviation engine replacement- UL Power much lighter than the standard Subaru EJ25 making it possible for a 600 kg MTOW
- glass flight deck avionics GARMIN upgrade
- 3 axis autopilot
- modern luxury interior
- High Inertia Carbon Rotor - must have for an easy 100% autorotation
- new modern instruments panel
- heater oil/water exchanger
The engine is the most important change, it is lighter, built as an aero engine and runs at half the revs so it will have a longer service life. The second important change is the belt box where I used drive belts from Robinson R22, proven and having a long life. Another key change is the engine fairing, airflow testing in the wind tunnel showed a large disturbance forming behind the cab, which was restricting speed and causing the engine to skid at higher speeds. The slimline engine fairing integrated into the cab with a large luggage compartment is a step forward. The next major change is the main rotor, blades made of carbon with the centre of gravity distributed towards the blade tip, the so-called High Inertia rotor, making autorotation much easier and safer, the blades have a leading edge made of metal. It is also worth mentioning the adjustable speed controller (governor), which works integrated with the mechanical correlator, or the completely rebuilt interior and avionics. Top-quality leather and alcantara finishing materials and GARMIN with 3-axis autopilot complete the design.
Redesigned for 2024, the Argo AK1-3 Sanka with ULPowered turbo 180 hp engine.